what people are saying.
I wanted to follow up with everyone at The Volunteer Center and let you know how successful the Board Match turned out to be. I was amazed at the number of people, but more importantly by how prepared many of the people were. Thank you all for such a wonderful event.
- Kelly Dearman, Executive Director, SF Urban Community Housing Corporation
BACVC Member Benefits
We recognize that Volunteerism is a Business Strategy!
Joining the Bay Area Corporate Volunteer Council (BACVC) links you to a coalition recognized nation-wide for its innovation and leadership in corporate community involvement!
Take advantage of monthly opportunities for networking and knowledge sharing
with other Bay Area business volunteer professionals. Not sure how to ramp-up or refresh you Corporate Volunteer Engagement Strategy?
- You can utilize five hours of consulting from The Volunteer Center to refine your outcomes. To begin an exploratory conversation about how our Consulting & Training Department can help you address your bottom-line business goals through civic engagement, contact Jill Blackburn, Director of Programs, call 415-982-8999 Ext 228.
- Examples of ways members have used their consulting hours include:
- On-site Employee Trainings - see below for descriptions
- Advice on the strategic development of community involvement programs
- Nonprofit partnership development
- Research and benchmarking assistance
- Access our group referral list to a pool of nonprofits specifically trained to work with teams of employee volunteers. This provides a strong network of organizations for businesses and nonprofits to share their resources to improve the local community.
Board Service Information Session - 1.5 hours
Gives employee the information needed to decide if joining a nonprofitboard of directors is right for them right now, what they need to know about nonprofitboard service and how to go about making that match.Team Leader Training - 1 hour
Instruction and tools for employees toorganize and lead projects, from vetting organizations, developing theproject and recruiting for volunteers through timelines and tips forday of event coordination.