what people are saying.
Congratulations on a great event last night. [It] was like a reunion of friends and nonprofit family. It was great to learn about all the opportunities and experience the successes of local nonprofits.
- Rocky Beach, Director of Development, United Way of the Bay Area
Information SessionsBoard Service Information Session
The Volunteer Center regularly holds information sessions open to all who are interested. They are designed to educate the public about the roles and responsibilities involved in serving on a nonprofit board.
Each hour and a half presentation includes information about:
and of course...Each session is scheduled from 6:00 - 7:30 pm, the fee* is $25.00 per person.
- Benefits of Nonprofit Board Service
- Overview of Nonprofit Sector
- Nonprofit Board Responsibilities
- Board Member Responsibilities
- Board Member Expectations
- Legal Issues and Terms Defined
- Risk Management
- Fundraising Responsibilities (including how to tips!)
Participants will leave with the information they need to make educated decisions about serving on a nonprofit board, including resource and reference materials.
The next open session is listed under "highlights
" to the left of this text. Click the link provided to register for the next session.*Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable