what people are saying.
Wow - what can I say! Thank you for being such an inspiration to me through your dedication of sharing best practices, tips and whatever else comes into play.
- Kristin Sulpizio, Director of Volunteer Services, Second Harvest Food Bank
The Executive Leadership from Bay Area nonprofits, in one place, at one time,
for one purpose--to make your match.
This page is for Nonprofits to learn more about participating in the Board Match San Francisco. If you wish to serve on a nonprofit board of directors please visit the Candidate Page.
The Board Match San Francisco
WHEN: March 2, 2016
TIME: 5:00 - 7:30 pm
WHERE: Hilton San Francisco, Union Square
The Board Match is scheduled for San Francisco. Final deadline is January 29th--but don't wait spots are filling-up!
The Board Match is a unique event where you can meet qualified candidates for your Board of Directors at one spot, in one evening: March 2, from 5:00 - 7:30 pm.
The Board Match San Francisco is the flagship event that gives nonprofit leaders the chance to meet and talk with hundreds of prospective board candidates from major Bay Area companies across industries: Technology, Financial Services, Legal, Real Estate, Marketing/PR, Health care and more. Nonprofits are chosen to exhibit at the event through a selection process designed to yield a full range of the Bay Area's nonprofit community.
It's also much more than an opportunity for your executive director, board president and board members to meet prospective board members in one place. The Volunteer Center selects nonprofits through an application process that identifies your specific needs, provides training for your leadership about board-building--recruitment and retention--and recruits a pool of high-quality and diverse candidates that have access to training and resources from The Volunteer Center.
The application process is designed to make sure that a diverse pool of exhibiting agencies have a high likelihood of connecting with candidates of varied interests and experience. After ten years of success in San Francisco, and our inaugural event in Silicon Valley, at Google, we're thrilled to be hosting our 11th annual event in San Francisco, in 2016. To get an idea of the kinds of candidates that attend the Board Match, click here.
Did you know?
Last year, a reported 228 new board members were placed as a result of Board Match. The actual number was surely higher, since not all nonprofits reported outcomes through follow-up surveys. Applying the research findings on board giving in cash, in-kind, time and pro-bono services to Board Match results, for example, brings the total annual direct financial value of 228 new board members to $2,175,000. Each year they continue to serve.
Registration Fees for The Board Match are determined on a sliding scale based on your 501(c)3's annual operating budget, and include training and webinars for senior staff and board members:
Fee schedule: January 1, 2016 - January 29, 2016
$250: Level 1, budget under $400K
$275: Level 2, budget $400K - $999K
$325: Level 3, budget $1M - $3M
$400: Level 4, budget over $3M
Requirements and Process
The requirements below are in place to ensure that every participating organization and board candidate has the best possible experience.
The Volunteer Center board and staff thank you in advance for working with us and adhering to the application and participation requirements--this is key to the success of the Board Match.
Please read this section carefully. All of the requirements outlined below must be met:
- Must be a legal 501(c)3 nonprofit or have a fiscal sponsor/agent for your program.
- Executive leadership of the organization (specifically the Executive Director and Board President) is required to attend to meet potential candidates, other board members and staff are welcome to participate as well.
- Commit to fully staffing the Exhibitor Table for the entire event, including honoring set-up and break-down requirements.
- Only complete applications including updated Board Match Plus Profiles will be reviewed.
- Online Application Form (via Survey Monkey)
- A Board Match Plus Information Profile*. Login to your account (or first, create an Organization Account** if you do not have one) click on the Board Match Plus tab, complete/update your profile. Login at: http://volunteer.truist.com/thevolunteercenter/agency
- If your organization participated in Board Match San Francisco 2015, at the Marriott Marquis, you must submit your 2015 Results Survey in order to be considered for Board Match SF 2016. If someone from your organization has already completed the survey there is no need to resubmit.
- You will not be contacted until we have reviewed your completed application.
Review and Vetting Process includes:
*A Board Profile is basic information about your board practices and logistics, and organizational goals. This information is mostly held private unless you complete a Board Job Description that will publicize your board needs for recruitment purposes.
** In order to create a Board Profile, you must have or create an account. Use the link above and either login or create an account using the appropriate links. This account is general for the organization and all personnel who recruit volunteers and board members will share the login and password for access.
Thanks for your interest in The Board Match--we're looking forward to working with you!To learn more please contact The Volunteer Center at email@example.com
- Examination of all submitted information for completeness and content.
- A possible phone interview to answer questions that arise from the Board Match Plus Profile content.
- Comparison to other applicants for diversity in service area, location, size, and culture.
- Additionally, all aspects of past participation in The Board Match event by your organization are taken into account during the review and vetting process, including: adherence to timelines/deadlines, responsiveness to requests and completion of commitments, and success at past events (if applicable).